Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trib's coverage of Gov. Blagojevich's arrest

I've been very impressed today with the Chicago Tribune's coverage of the arrest of their governor. The original breaking news page has been overwritten now, but I liked their style, putting quick updates on top of each other with timestamps as the story unfolded. This is how I think breaking news needs to look online, so I wish we could still see it. They've aparently done a write-through.

I also like that they've dedicated a gallery page to their coverage of the event. It's a good idea to have all the stories related to a specific subject in one place where readers can easily scan the available headlines. I think something like this would be fabulous for our 911 Center coverage, for example.

The last thing I'm pleased to see is some great reporting coming out of a paper who's parent company just declared bankrupcy. This settles the question of newspapers' worth for me.

No comments: